The Tower of Cool, the recent recipient of the ADEX Design ‘Platinum’ Award, is an innovative computer cabinet design utilizing High Delta Temperature Cooling (HDTC). Unlike traditional approaches, the Tower of Cool efficiently cools 8kW of equipment within 44U, by incorporating the building air conditioning system and the computer cabinets into one closed-loop cooling system.
By evenly distributing building supply air to the intake of all rack-mounted computer equipment, the “Tower of Cool” allows equipment to run at lower temperatures resulting in increased hardware reliability. HDTC efficiency ultimately reduces the total airflow by 50%, thus reducing 50% of ACUs required, and a broad range of operating, maintenance, installation, and electrical load costs.
Studies show fan energy accounts for 28% of the total cooling plant energy; therefore the HDTC method can actually reduce the cost to cool a data center by as much as 14%. Additionally, as a result of this design, there is an estimated 6 -10% reduction of the electrical demand load on the grid.
- The only 10kW air-cooled solution in the market
- Up to 14% cooling plant energy savings
- Up to 50% reduction in number of CRACUs required
- Reduced cooling plant size (chillers, pumps, piping, etc.)
- Reduced emergency power requirement for cooling plant
- Reduced maintenance hours
- Integrated Zero U Power Management saves space (120V – 220V)
- Smart Power and Environmental Monitoring offer highest integrity
- Above floor cable management increases installation flexibility
- Patented cooling technology